NOUVEAU LASH REVIEW

This picture shows Volume Style 2, Natural Style 2, Natural Style 4, Glamour Style 2 and Glamour Style 1

I've been so excited to post this since I received these goodies! Nouveau sent me these beautiful lashes to review on my blog! I'm an avid lash wearer as I was cursed with short, stumpy lashes that do not grow so these were a real treat.

I wanted this review to be an accurate/honest review of the lashes so I carried out a few tests to see if they were as good as I thought they were going to be!

(*Disclaimer - I'm basing my review on one pair of lashes and not all of the six pairs they sent me. Simply because I didn't want to wear them all straight away. I will still be reviewing them as I wear them and keep you updated on twitter & snap chat and once I've worn them all I will do an updated review post on how they all turn out.)

The first pair of lashes I wore were the Volume Style 4 lashes! (I forgot to take a picture of them in the packaging because I was too excited to try them on but here is the link so you can see them yourself: Volume Style 4

This is what they looked like on:





These lashes look so incredibly natural. I think the best thing for me (someone who has very small eyes) is that they aren't heavy lashes. I always find the heavier the lashes the smaller my eyes look. Here's what my natural lashes look like so you can see the difference they have made. 



As you can see my lashes are pretty much non-existant! 

SO 

I carried out three tests:

Application Process & Glue Review 

Longevity

Are they Reusable?


APPLICATION PROCESS & GLUE REVIEW 

Now I don't wanna toot my own horn (toot toot) but I wear lashes nearly every day so I don't really find the application process difficult. I thought the best way to test them out would be to get my mum to apply them for me. Now this could be dangerous for two reasons, 1, she could glue my eye shut and 2, I could be walking around looking like a loony with the eyelash stuck halfway up my eyelid. (I put my eyes on the line for this...). Before she applied them I had to cut the eyelashes down as I have such small eyes they were a tad long for me. I then used the glue that came with the lashes as I wanted to see if it was as good as my trusted duo eyelash glue. 

Now the time had come for my mum to apply the lashes! Well, the good news is I walked out with both my eyes and my dignity still in tact. She applied them fairly quickly and with a bit of tweaking they sat perfectly on my lash line! The glue was actually really good, it got tacky really quickly which I love as I hate waiting for the glue to go tacky, such a pet peeve of mine! 

My mum said they were really easy to apply and she's a complete newbie so I think that proves that the application process isn't difficult!

I have tried lashes before that are just so rigid that they don't bend to your lash line and end up going straight across rather than round and ping up in random areas but these didn't do that! 



LONGEVITY 

I wanted to make sure I could get full days wear out of them. I sometimes find with lashes that after a few hours they start to be quite annoying and irritate my eyes. They also unstick or just look a bit misshapen.

 I woke up at 8am done my makeup and they were stuck on by 9am.( I had showered, brushed my teeth, combed my hair before you think I'm dirty and jump out of bed and slap my face on! haha).I then went about my day, I did my shopping & tidied the house etc. Just everyday things. It was really hot that day which normally affects how long the lashes last. It got to about half 5 when I was like I really wanna take my makeup off. 

HOWEVER, this wasn't because of the eyelashes. The eyelashes were incredible actually, they stayed on the whole day without even coming off in the corners (If you're lash wearer you know the struggles of keeping the inner corner stuck down) they looked pretty amazing. The pictures above are actually at about 3.30ish after rushing around in the heat! This was a photo from 9am. (Insert shameless selfie)



I'm not gonna lie, I was pretty sold on them after that day but still wanted to see if they were reusable!

ARE THEY REUSABLE? 

I decided to take them off and wear them the next day, some people don't like reusing lashes so this part may not apply to you but I however do, if I'm paying £6/7 I want more than one day wear out of them! I cleaned off the lashes with micellar water just to get off any glue or makeup so they looked good as new. I actually found that they stayed on better (if possible) the next day! Maybe I was more used to them or something but they felt completely weightless, I forgot I had them on!

I would recommend these lashes to everyday lash wearers or newbies because they genuinely feel so weightless and easy to wear and apply!

Here's what they looked like on day two:



I probably sound like I'm just loving them off but I genuinely really do think they are incredible. 

The lashes retail for £6.99.

I know you can get cheaper alternatives but I don't think I've ever worn lashes that are as good as these for that price! 

I said above that I'm only basing this review on one pair of lashes but from that one pair I already know that I love the brand, I can't wait to wear and try out the rest of them! I will keep you all updated on my snapchat/twitter/insta!

If you wanna have a nose at their website or check out the lashes I'm wearing then I'll leave the link below. 

A HUGE thank you to Nouveau Lashes for sending me these gorgeous lashes, I'm honestly so in love with them! 

https://nouveaulashes.com/shop/


FOLLOW ME ON:


SNAPCHAT: TMAEMAKEUP
TWITTER: TMAEMAKEUP
INSTAGRAM: TAYLORCAREYMUA 












2 comments

  1. I love Nouveau lashes!! Some of my favourite styles are the natural more wispy looking ones and I agree they are so easy to apply- even for me who can't apply lashes at all! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the wispy ones are beautiful! I love those styles of this ones! X

      Delete

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig